1. Roland Deschain. The character of Roland emotes is one of the most solid, forged from steel, stick to his guns, meet his goals characters in any fictional series. Stephen King’s description of Roland would make any mother proud to have him as her son and tell all the ladies at cribbage about his triumphs. Spoiler alert: that is, if he hadn’t accidentally shot his mom.
2. Huckleberry Finn. Huck Finn was a boy who on the outside was rough and tumble, but on the inside had a heart of gold. He lived in the moment, thinking of survival and what was best for him and his mate, planning something he knew could get him in trouble, all while having the gumption to stand up to and escape his abusive father. And he plays a dandy of a girl when given the opportunity.
3. Boo Radley. Boo was a creep of creeps. Everyone feared him, even the reader. It was even a little creepy when he triumphed over evil to save the kids because nobody knew he was coming and he did it in such a creepy way. Everything about Boo screamed deranged.
3. Hermione Granger. Miss Granger was an intelligent and powerful force against the Dark Arts and eventually The Death Eaters. She was a brilliant witch and was able to keep her wits about her when faced with great stress and danger. She was a champion for the light during dark times. Any muggle would be proud to be her parent. And any muggle parent would be so happy to ship their know it all snotty daughter to wizard school where they no longer had to deal with her ramblings.
4. Hester Prynne. Despite being tagged with the Scarlett letter, Hester proved herself as a strong independent woman by mocking the punishment brought forth by The Man. She kept her secrets when telling would have explained so much and taken some of the heat off of her. Strong willed and wise of the ways.
5. George Milton. Someone who did what was hardest to do to the person closest to him. What was best for everyone involved. Because sometimes your mentally challenged friend kills somebody and you need to tie up loose ends.
6. Benjy Compson. The only character who brought any sense to a very convoluted family dynamic. He was also born mentally retarded. He was the character who grew the most as a person throughout time, going from chaos, to a little bit less chaos. He never stopped bellering though.